Summer 2013 came and went faster than I could even blink my eyes. I lie here in my bed in Redding, California getting ready for another year of school and it seems like just yesterday I was in the same place daydreaming of all the excitement summer would hold. It far outweighed my expectations and my spirit feels rejuvenated and refreshed. It’s so hard to narrow down my favorite parts of this last summer, but here are a few that stand out.
1. Getting a car! Ok, if you don’t know this story, let me just tell you that it is Cuh-ray-zee! My Volkswagen Beetle was basically laid to rest in summer 2012 and I was left without a car for a year. Being at school in California was quite frustrating at times because I had to rely on walking or getting rides from people. When I got back to Arizona, I one day casually mentioned in my prayers that I wanted a Mustang. That was it. I never told anyone about this silly request because, well, it was silly. Two weeks later, I get a phone call from someone who said that they felt like God put it on their hearts to buy me a car so I could go back to school! Amazing as it is, right? Then they mentioned that they were buying me a MUSTANG that they found for sale in the papers. Um, what?! So my prayers came true and I now have a mustang.
2. My best friend, Kainos. Kainos and I have been best friends since we were 8. We were both weird and didn’t really fit in so we kinda just were drawn to each other. We’ve been through a lot like driving into my parents house together, boyfriend breakups, road trips, and the list goes on. She will always be one of my top 5 favorite people ever. This summer I got to work right next to her every single day! When my blog Miley went viral, we both had just as much fun as the other reading the statistics and the ridiculous comments. Also, we had a Dutch Bros gift card so we got coffee almost everyday and turned it into a mini lunch photo shoot.
3. The Fight for Beauty. If we are Facebook friends then you probably saw like a million posts about this. If not, here is the scoop. This night, I shared my testimony of how I recovered from 10+ years of bulimia and various eating disorders. I was amazed at how many people came to hear my story. I mean, it was no Joyce Meyers crowd, but it was still more than I expected and everyone was so supportive. Freedom City Church hosted the event. If you are in the Tempe, AZ area then you should definitely check them out. It’s an amazing church with even more amazing people. To watch the event, just click HERE.
4. Emma. I fell so in love with my niece this summer and leaving her was heartbreaking. I love that little girl so much and I’m so excited to see where God takes her in life. I also loved spending time with my amazing sister, Shaina. She is an amazing mom and Emma is so blessed to have her.
5. My parents! My family is kind of all over the place location wise and it’s now rare for us all to be together. One day, I got home from work and got home only to find that my parents drove down from Texas to surprise my sister and I! I was so shocked when I opened my door, that I slammed it in their faces and walked away in shock! Thankfully they forgave me and they bought me things like food and clothes.
As I said, it was an amazing summer and narrowing it down to just five events doesn’t seem fair. Relationships were restored, new friends were made, laughs were had, and memories given to keep forever. Thank you to everyone that made this summer what it was. I am blessed beyond words!